Every Wednesday 5-6pm
Receive your very own art journal where you will create, dream and reflect. Each week we will explore new techniques and varying mediums. You can work on a project for several weeks or create something new each time. You can take your journal home with you and add to it throughout the week too.
This is a chance to dive deeply into art as a form of self expression, to develop a love for art while building skills and techniques in order to create with intention.
This will be a weekly drop-in safe space to share and explore themes within art, to reflect on why we create art and to most importantly have fun creating together.
Throughout our ongoing class we will explore:
• Many different mediums and styles
• Nature based projects
• Artist studies
• Styles such as Realism, Impressionism, surrealism
• Techniques such as pointillism, abstract, collage, drawing, painting, 3D art
• A combination of Passion Projects (you choose) and Led skilled-based projects (we choose)
• Reflections on art and process
• Study and exploration of Elements of Art
• Freedom to explore through a process-based approach
• Encouraging mindfulness through making
• Navigating themes such as imperfection, mistakes as masterpieces, self-expression through materials, and sharing beliefs and stories through our art.
This class is suitable for ages 10-17, no art experience necessary.
FREE (journal provided)
Thanks to the support of the Tofino Arts Council